2013-11-02

~ 500 BOOKS

are out the door. I sold about a third and dropped off the rest at a public book shelf. I am very proud of myself for resisting the temptation of taking some out. I am also happy that I got the books out of my brothers living quarters who happily stored them for a year. 4 moving boxes neatly stacked up against the wall and a few more books not so neatly on a desk. Now that I am aware of my own problem I am more aware of people with similar issues. I think my brother is even worse than I am. He still lives at my parents house and occupies 2 large rooms with lots of storage. A long time ago those rooms were mine and my sister's. So in some of those niches there are still boxes and shelfs with things that belong to us. My sister said when she finally got around to working through some of her stuff he got upset with her because she threw away HER OWN THINGS. I must admit I sometimes get nervous when people throw away perfectly good stuff. But I am afraid that wasn't the case here.
I hope my brother hasn't adopted my pile of books into his hoard yet. He wasn't there when I cleared out my stuff. Just to make sure the shock isn't too big I left 2 of the moving boxes (now empty) in the spot they were.
I am happy with myself that on the 4th attempt I finally took care of it all!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen