2014-07-09

DEAR BATHROBE,

I have a confession to make. I never liked you in the first place. I love your dark blue color, but to be quite frank, I could do very well with out the red trim. You are warm I must admit, especially if you've been draped over the heater before a long, hot bath. But you are heavy! SO HEAVY! Your weight drags down my shoulders. Your thick material might soak up a lot of moisture, but it also adds at least 50 lbs to my already too big physique. When I put you on I feel fat, blown up and exhausted. Worst is catching a glimpse of me, wearing you, in the mirror.

Why did I get you? Trust me. I didn't seek you. You were given to me by my bank. That's right. I do hope their financial decisions are better than their style choices. You are the first bathrobe I ever owned and after our time together, you might very well also be my last. 

Why did I keep you for so many years? Beats me. I am not even sure how long we've been together. Too long if you ask me. My only excuse for imprisoning you here is that I am a hoarder, who has a hard time letting go of useful things. Despite of all my negative feelings for you, I did see you as a useful item. But it is time to set you free. You will get a fresh start. Hopefully with someone who not only sees you as useful, but will also grow to love you!

I sure hope there will be no hard feelings.


Best wishes for your future,

Katja

PS:If it makes you feel any better, you weren't the only one who had to go. I sent a whole bag of other "useful" pieces of clothing along with you. Hope you all enjoy your trip and arrive at your new homes safely!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen