2014-07-18

MY ALOE VERA

I love my Aloe Vera. It has cured more than one nasty burn and I have applied it on a few sunburns that I manged to get despite sun screen. Because I love my Aloe and the Aloe is a dessert plant, I let it sit basking in the sun on my patio. When fall came I kept telling myself that I needed to bring it back in. I told myself on a daily basis that it was really time to get it in today. As it was a horrendous task that would have taken at least 30 seconds I never got around to it. The first frost hit and it took me another 3 days to bring it in. One night colder than the next. By the time I had my Aloe in 80 % of it
were frozen solid. And I was royally annoyed. I kept it in the hall and refused to throw it away. Partly to punish myself with the simple sight of it and partly hoping that it would survive. With each piece that fell out of the middle my hope sank. Until one day those cute little green tips started showing. They are big and strong by now. One more time when holding on to something that looked like it should have been tossed, paid off. I just have to learn that it doesn't always work that way. That some things really need to go. But not my ALOE VERA! 






surface of the day: started the upstairs landing but got sidetracked

7 a day: lets not go there, shall we?

2 Kommentare:

  1. never throw out a living thing is my motto :) unless you really hate it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I totally agree, but I thought it was a corpse....after years of not being able to get the Aloe to multiply (my mom was always very successful) I have come to the conclusion that it might be one of those plants that needs to stand on the brink of death to multiply...

    AntwortenLöschen