2014-07-12

THE SHINEY POT

A while back I got a new kitchen. With an induction stove top. Except for one all of my pots and pans had to go. I was rather excited about it, as it meant a well organized and clean start. Being the hoarder I am I found one more pot in the basement months later. I remembered that it was one with a fancy lid (that I had broken) and was in the process of discarding of it when I saw a little stamp on the bottom that labeled it fit for induction. It is a tiny pot and comes in handy to warm up vegetables. Well. if you want to WARM UP vegetables, you better not hit the "power" button and leave the room. Otherwise you  might end up with a quarter inch layer of coal topped off with some very dead peas. I tried to clean the pot. Soaked it, scrubbed it, soaked it some more. See for yourself. 

I decided it was time to let it go. Well. It sat on my counter for quite a few days. My friend Nicole came to visit. She is very understanding and supportive about my hoarding. I told her I needed to toss the pot. I was glad she was there, as I knew, under her watchful eye I would be able to let go. She said:"Do you have a magic eraser? I'll take care of it." I told her it was a waste of time but she would have none of it. 10 min later my pot looked like new. How on earth will I ever stop hoarding seeing things like this? 


surface of the day: random shelf in living room

7 a day: various pieces of kid's art, pair of shoes, broken toy car, plastic toy,

3 Kommentare:

  1. I am starting to believe that hoarders have a hard time telling what is worth saving and what is not. A pot with a little crust can easily be saved. You used it all the time, and a new pot would have cost more than ten minutes of time. :) Plus Nicole continued to visit with you while she cleaned the pot, did she not? So time was not wasted.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Very true. That is the core problem. Not knowing what is worth saving and what isn't. I had already spent more than 30 min on trying to save the pot. A pot that wasn't even part of my "pot program". That's why I thought it wasn't worth it. I think I will simply run everything past Nicole in the future! ;)

    AntwortenLöschen