2014-07-19

COMPETING AGAINST MYSELF

I read over old posts today. Correcting a spelling mistake here, changing the font to bold, little things like that. And of course reading over things makes me see how far I got in the last 10 months. I cam across this post:


BE NICE
Especially to yourself. I don't know about you, but I am my harshest critic. It is hard to be a better person if, no matter what you do, it's never enough. Calling yourself to stupid/lazy/unorganized to EVER get a grip on life will not help. And even though I know that, I do it again and again. Especially when I am not feeling good about myself and what I achieved. On days like this, it does help me to at the end of the day list my accomplishments And I will list everything. EVERYTHING. And then I remind myself I can do even better tomorrow!



Let's face it. By telling myself  I can do even better tomorrow, I somehow imply that all the achievements of the day weren't enough. Because if they had been enough, there would be no need to improve the next day. Competing against others all the time is hard enough. But competing against yourself is even worse. If you can't beat yourself, you obviously didn't work hard  enough, and when you do beat yourself you could have obviously done better last time. 

Goal for the next 3 months. Enjoy a day as is and celebrate the days achievements without looking back!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen