2014-07-16

MAKE LIFE BEAUTIFUL

I am not sure if I have made the "I can't resist office supplies" - confession yet, but here we go. I love paper, folders, pens and pencils and I make sure I stay out of office supply stores. But  every now and then the stuff crosses my path. And then it is very hard to resist. Almost impossible. Today all I can say in my defense is that I only took one each of the 3 most pretty designs out of 8 or so to chose from.

When I saw them, I knew I needed to have them. I walked away and came back. Picked one, put it in my cart, walked away, came back picked more, put them back, decided I didn't need any and settled for 3. I was trying to came up with things I could use them for. I decided that the "Roses" could be used for my pictures, that the "Kiwi" could be for my recipes and that I really needed to come up with a use for "Tomato and Mozzarella".
I was chewing myself out for buying them the whole way home. I reminded myself of the ones I have in the basement. And I did point out to myself, that I was down to 3 and that getting new ones was probably a good idea. I still felt bad at night.Around 9 pm I realized the only way I could feel better about this was to put them to use. I sat down with my pictures, and sorted them. Got my recipes folder. Came up with the grand plan of putting desserts with kiwi, and savory with t&m. 
The old recipe folder felt kind of sticky and gritty, and I did get rid of about 20 recipes I have had for years but never used. There was a critical moment when I wondered how to put the folder to use from now on. But guess what: That folder might look okay from the outside, but the inside is filthy, and the outside feels filthy. So I grabbed it and stuffed it in the trash. Are you proud of me? And you know what. The shelf with my new recipe folders looks so much better! Beautiful makes me happy.


I DESERVE BEAUTIFUL!


surface of the day:


7 a day: recipes

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen